Welcome to Hatton Elementary School!
I am so happy to be able to serve this school as their full-time school counselor. I graduated with a bachelor's degree from the University of the Southwest in Hobbs, New Mexico with my elementary education degree. In May 2015, I graduated with my master's degree in school counseling from the University of North Alabama. My past educational experiences include being a classroom teacher and school counselor. I have also worked with schools as an at-risk tutor, an ELL tutor, and currently facilitate the scholar role during Primetime Family Reading Time at Florence-Lauderdale Public Library. I am also a Kindness Ambassador for the Great Kindness Challenge.
As the school counselor, I peform the following roles here at Hatton Elementary School:
- individual counseling
- classroom guidance lessons
- small group counseling
- attend and participate in RTI meetings
- organize and administer state academic testing
- observe students in various environments
- consult and collaborate with teachers, administrators, social workers, therapists, students, and parents
- respond to school crises and emergency situations
- provide information and resources to parents on a variety of issues.
I live in Muscle Shoals with my husband, Weston, of 10 years, our two daughters, Savannah and Korah, two cats, one dog, one guinea pig, five Glofish, and three hens. We enjoy spending time together camping, going to the beach, fostering dogs and cats for local animal shelters and Bama Bully Rescue, and traveling.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you and your family through Hatton Elementary School.